There are many factors to consider when deciding on which lighting to install under your cabinet. LED lights are the most energy efficient option, last a long time and are bright compared to other under cabinet lighting options such as fluorescent and incandescent.
LED lights add light ambiance under your kitchen cabinets.
That’s why we’ve reviewed many of the best LED under cabinet light options on the market and narrowed it down to the 10 best LED under cabinet lighting you can buy in 2023. Below we have offered a comprehensive comparison of the best under cabinet lighting choices, with comments and reviews from our top team.
How We Selected the Top Under Cabinet Lighting of 2023
When reviewing and comparing the best under cabinet lighting of 2023, we kept a few important characteristics in mind. These are the light features that we think are the most important when assessing the comparative value of the best under cabinet lighting on the market.
The main things to consider when looking for your under cabinet LED lighting is the following:
- Size of space. Measure the space you are looking to add lighting and ask yourself if you would like the lights to be visible or not. Look underneath your cabinets to see the material and if there may be any barriers to adding light.
- Color of light. Do you want a warm or cool tone added to the room? What are the current colors of your countertops and how would you like to highlight them?
- Power Source. How are you going to power the light? Is there an outlet nearby or do you need a battery option?
- Installation. Are you going to hardwire the lights into your cabinets for a built-in look or is this a DIY project? Can you attach adhesive to your cabinets, and if so will it damage the material? Are you going to have to hire an electrician?
- Small Details. Think about any added featured you would like in your like. Would you like to be able to control the lights with a dimmer or a phone app? Do you want different color or brightness options? How about motion sensing? What does the warranty look like?
These are the main components to consider when finding the best LED under cabinet lighting option for your home. You want to find the right balance between style and functionality of the light. You need to consider how you will install the lights. Hardwire lights require an outlet which may mean having to hire an electrician to implement hardwiring your cabinets. There are also battery powered lights that can be placed in any location, but often batteries need to be replaced often.
We looked for a good mix of lights that provide different color temperatures depending on the mood you are looking for in your kitchen. From there it was a matter of space, depending on your cabinets are bar lights or puck lights the best option? Can the lights dim? What does their battery life look like and do they have an auto timer? Finally, what does the care of the light look like? What type of bulb and batteries does the light need replaced? Is there a warranty?
That said, we’re confident that our final list of the 10 best under cabinet lighting is an accurate representation of the best-in-class choice for your under cabinet lighting on the market this year.